Sunday 14 August 2011

The Back To Smut Party

Well, what A great way to wake up. An invitation to a Back To Smut Party (oh I'm all up for that), from Liz Crowe, to be on Sizzling Hot Book Reviews. 2-7 September. 


I hope I'll meet you all over there.


As long as I actually manage to hook up with everyone, it should be great. A celebration of all things smut. Done, as the late, great, Kenny Everett used to say.... All in the best possible taste!


Things are moving apace at the moment, and I'm scared stiff, but loving it. Who would have thought, this time last year just what has happened. From finding all my lovely crit group partners, (drum roll here) to having a m/s accepted, getting a great editor (another drum roll for Jackie) and NOW a smut party! (Even bigger drum roll and maybe some cymbals).


I'm sitting looking out of my study window. Misty and grey. Autumn is upon Scotland with a vengeange. The leaves are turning, and it has that particular Autumn smell and feel to each day. Only one problem. Where was summer?


The lack of summer is a two edged sword. I NEED my dose of sunshine. love that warm biscuity smell of heated bodies, (not smut atm ... come on .... that's later!), suntan cream and champagne cocktails. The sound of lost tourists, barking dogs and sit on lawn mowers are not so welcome, buy hey, I'll take the rough with the smooth to live here on the edge of the forest, like I do. (NB for my 'over the pond readers', this is a Scottish Forest, not a wild and woolly one like yours.)


BUT, (And it is a very big but here ... no, no read properly, I'm not casting aspersions on someone's ass, only one 't') if there is sun, I sit in it. All the time. (Well we don't see it very often). So nothing gets done. No housework, (According to my kids I don't need the sun as an excuse not to do housework... very true!), no ironing (Argh the dreaded ironing) and sadly NO WRITING. unless there is someone who will invent me a screen I can see outside. After all I can read my kindle!!!


I spent a lot of the early hours writing, so if there is any sun, I can catch up my sleep in it!


Non of which is relevant to this party I hope to get to. It sounds fun. And hot. And steamy. And ... And ... well It won't matter if I didn't get my dose of heat earlier, I guess I'm sure gonna get it there.


Can't Wait


Take Care, 
Raven





3 comments:

  1. I think so... and SOOOO looking forward to it ... watch this space for when I get more news

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great fun :-)

    ReplyDelete