Thursday 20 October 2011

my autumn springclean

That's right, Im having a Springclean-in Autumn. I wouldn't like to say the last time I did this- at any time of the year! A housewife/earth mother I'm not. (Hey, I kept the toy shop in business buying play doh, instead of making it.)

However, it must have been procrastination time, I was changing writing hats, and decided to start sorting out some drawers. I didn't know it was possible to have so many odd pop socks ( or knee highs or whatever you call them). I didn't think you could even get  odd ones. I mean after all they're black, brown, navy or sort of beige, right?

Wrong, very very wrong.

 I have eleven, yup eleven definitely odd ones, plus more than I dare admit with holes or ladders. Not to mention a few suspect, er which category am I ones!  Lengths, shades, rib or no rib at the top, thickness, toe strengthened... GRRR. Bearing in mind these are all supposed to be black, this is somewhat baffling! Why can't the manufacturers draw up a template or something?

So I've been ruthless, I've filled a bag and binned them. Farewell to them. Wow, now there's space in the drawer.

I decided I needed a pair on under my boots. AH, right oh dear!

Better go shopping!

DON"T FORGET-THE LOVELY MARGUERITE KAYE IS DOING HER NINE FOR THE WEEKEND TOMORROW!

3 comments:

  1. OH AND I MUST MENTION< Ui'm over at www.veiledsecretsreviews.com today, so why not pop over and join me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, odd socks the bane of my life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me...I need to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete