Tuesday 14 August 2012

Trust Tuesday ...Part Three

Tuesday sagged against the wall, and tried to ignore the sympathetic eyes of his PA.

"I know, I know," she muttered. "You did warn me. Okay peeps, shows over here. If you want more pay to come into the Scarlet Scandal in Limpton St." 

She straightened up and grabbed the long sundress Miriam held out to her, and pulled it over her head. she felt much more in command now.

There were a few good natured groans, and she blushed and giggled nervously. How could she strip down to next to nothing and dance round a shiny pole, but feel embarrassed elsewhere? It was beyond her.

"Miriam?" James' voice was abrupt over the tannoy. "If anyone other than you is still in your office when I enter in precisely thirty seconds, they can collect their severance papers. This is an office, not a..." He stopped speaking.

His employees dispersed faster than she could say 10pm nightly. 

Tuesday grimaced. "Well he can't give me my papers, but I'm going anyway. Next time I come up with some fantastic idea or another to attract his attention, shoot me down. Send me to the Orkney's or Aunt Mary's until I get over it."

Miriam laughed and plugged the coffee pot in.

"Yes, well, since when have you listened to me? How many times have I told you to give up. He might want you, but he won't have you. But do you listen?"

Tuesday heard the sound of a door opening.

"I do now," she said hastily and left the room as if the hounds of hell were after her. In some ways she would say they were!

No comments:

Post a Comment