Monday 19 March 2018

A gluten free authors guide to goodies or not... This time in the Western Cape, South Africa


Well, yes, I know it's been a long while since I wrote one of these. My bad.
 But here I am with the latest edition. With my thoughts and mainly... 'Yes. great. oh. wow. fab, mouthwatering, droolworthy, places to visit for g-f goodies.



Where to start. Well sad to say, not on KLM, who in every other aspect are superb, but their gf meals are mediocre to say the least. Luckily the cabin crew and champagne more than compensate.

(I can honestly say KLM cabin crew are head and shoulders above any other, and I've flown on a fair few airlines) On our was home it was Arietta's last ever flight, and she had all her cc friends crewing with her, and we were serenaded with her version of my way. Not a dry eye on the plane.

I digress. On to South Africa and food.

From the Cape Verde hotel (an eco-hotel at Cape Town international airport, to superb meals at Freshline fisheries, in Knysna, The Noisy Oyster in Paternoster, with its menu which made me chuckle before I drooled and ate the most amazing oxtail,


Le Coin Français and Reuben's in Franschhoek and the amazing chocolate cake and ice cream at Babylonstoren...Superb



When we first started going to South Africa, a dozen or so years ago, half of my suitcase was full of gf bread. now? Now I take a few slices until we get to Woolworth's which sells our Marks and Spencer g-f food. Woot I now have space for more clothes! (Or to buy more clothes. The sales were on)

And when we were somewhere without a Woollies nearby? Why Super Spa did an 'order today get fresh' tomorrow. so I did and it was.

So I can honestly say, eat in or out, there is no need to worry

Happy eating,

love Raven x

No comments:

Post a Comment